Wednesday, May 15, 2013

maybelline color tattoo eyeshadow



For those of you that follow the beauty blogs, I'm sure you've seen this product mentioned dozens of times.  It's become one of those products that I have yet to hear anything bad about.  The most popular color around the blogs is the one I have shown, Bad to the Bronze or I think in the UK it is called On and On Bronze. I was a little skeptical of this product, considering I haven't worn cream based eyeshadows since jr. high.  After hearing SO MUCH praise about this product, I figured I'd give it a go.

First impression: It came out of the pot smooth and sheer. It was extremely blendable but dried almost immediately... which I liked about it; it was workable, but not overly creamy. Because I have dark eyes and a light complexion, dark eyeshadows look extremely harsh on me... I know it isn't a VERY dark color, but I was a little worried that this would be too dark for me... but No Ma'am it was thankfully very flattering. 

In my excitement over this product, I bought two additional colors. I'm not sure if the formula is just different on those two or what... but they definitely are a little harder to work with. I purchased the colors Barely Branded and Too Cool. It may have just been the one I bought, but my Barely Branded is so much creamier than my Bad to the Bronze. I used the same amount of product and it just went everywhere!!  I'm doing better with it now, but I have to barely touch it to get the right amount. The Too Cool I have doesn't spread as well as the Bad to the Bronze. It's extremely dry immediately after applying and therefore is a little difficult to work with.

In Summary: In my experience these products have been very inconsistent in their formulation. Yes, the Bad to the Bronze is a favorite, but the other two I have are alright. They are a little more difficult or at least different to work with.

Price: Around $5... depending on where you find them. Look for sales. Drugstore.com often does buy one get one 1/2 off.

Would I repurchase? I would repurchase Bad to the Bronze, but hopefully this one will last me a good while.

No comments:

Post a Comment